Syntax is a leader in providing Cloud and Managed Services to businesses across North America. Syntax’s cloud offerings, including their best in class Enterprise Cloud for ERP continues to grow and accelerate; a unique offering that safely hosts and manages critical business applications. Syntax partners with global IT leaders such as Oracle, IBM and others.
Reporting to the Manager, Networking, the Network Analyst (Managed Services & Infrastructure) is responsible for day-to-day provisioning and maintenance operations related with customers’ Network and Security Infrastructure. The primary responsibilities include managing network and security services, providing all aspects of infrastructure monitoring and creating technical documentation. The network analyst will be part of a team providing 24/7/365 support. After hours and weekend work required on occasion.
- Maintain all aspects of data centers and customers’ network and security infrastructure.
- Configure, support and maintain clients’ L2/L3 networks, security infrastructure, including physical and virtual firewalls, VPN services, remote server’s connectivity and scalability.
- Deploy, maintain and support network, security and SLA monitoring systems.
- Identify, diagnose and resolve network and security related infrastructure problems.
- Create and maintain up to date documentation for Managed Infrastructure Services including Service definition, design documents, SOP’s, etc.
- Support Senior Network Analysts and Architect in incident resolution and perform root cause analysis for clients.
- Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or equivalent
- ITIL Foundation certification is a plus
- Strong working experience in building and managing L2/L3 networks (Cisco, Juniper, Other).
- Strong knowledge in IPV4,DHCP, DNS, NAT, ARP, IP Addressing and Sub netting, Spanning Trees, NAT, etc
- Strong working experience with network and security monitoring tools such as wireshark, tcpdump, netcat, netflow, SNMP, etc
- Strong experience in network security solutions (IPSec VPN, firewalls, IPS/IDS, PKI infrastructure).
- At least five years’ work experience in a networking position responsible for managing network environments.
- Experience in routing protocols (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP).
- Familiarity with different interconnect models to external partners and clients (MPLS, Metro Ethernet, DMVPN, etc).
- Working experience in building and managing high availability network solutions.
- Network and security certifications (Cisco, Juniper, ISC, A+) preferred.
- Working experience with application delivery controller (F5 Load balancers preferred).
- Experience in building and managing network services in Windows and Linux (email, FTP, web).
- Working experience with virtual technologies (VMware) and virtual network technologies.
- Strong problem solving, facilitation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to remain productive within a time-sensitive and fast-paced environment.
- Excellent prioritization and organization skills with the ability to work independently.
- Service and detail oriented.
- Dedicated to providing quality customer support to consistently meet customer expectations by providing exceptional customer service.
- Strong skills to analyze the existing customer’s environment for managed services solutions development and implementation.
- Ability to contribute to new products and services development, including repeatable service models and standard provisioning procedures.
- Excellent knowledge of network management and performance tuning tools.
- Troubleshooting and analytical skills with capacity to accurately identify and assess problems before providing accurate solution.
- Knowledge of datacenter and enterprise levels network and security equipment.
- Working knowledge of wireless networking technologies.
- Strong knowledge of network security, including secure access control systems.
You must be legally entitled to work in Canada and/or in the U.S. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
Unfortunately, we will not be able to reply to applicants who do not meet the above criteria.
Since 1972, Syntax has been providing comprehensive technology solutions to businesses of all sizes throughout North America with thousands of customers trusting Syntax with their IT services and ERP needs.
Syntax’s award-winning Private Cloud Solutions for E-Business Suite, JD Edwards, PeopleSoft, Hyperion, OBIEE and Siebel deliver what enterprise application stakeholders value the most: superior, reliable performance at competitive, predicable costs.