Syntax is a leader in providing Cloud and Managed Services to businesses across North America. Syntax’s cloud offerings, including their best in class Enterprise Cloud for ERP, continues to grow and accelerate; a unique offering that safely hosts and manages critical business applications. Syntax partners with global IT leaders such as Oracle, IBM and others.
Reporting to the Senior Director, IT enablement, Monitoring and Automation, the ServiceNow Senior Developer and Administrator will be closely involved in the implementation of ServiceNow projects for Syntax Cloud. You would be expected to work independently in each phase of a software development project, and to complete your own responsibilities, especially in relation to guide the evolution of our platform.
- Lead the rollout of new ServiceNow applications and modules
- Release management, including troubleshooting and adjustments
- Program complex service requests in ServiceNow from Syntax Business requirements
- Reviewing and understanding business requirements, functional and technical specifications
- Work closely with clients, project managers, and systems management team to clearly define scope of work and provide accurate cost/schedule estimates
- Configure, customize, script, and develop the ServiceNow platform
- Develop Service Catalog items incorporating automation using orchestration
- IT Configuration Management: Design and implement solutions following established Configuration Management policies and standards; Integrate data from multiple data sources into a unified CMDB, ensuring data quality and integrity are maintained
- IT Asset Management – Design and implement solutions following established IT Asset Management standards
- Provide technical and thought leadership in both system integration and application development, while also promoting best practices in these areas
- 5 years’ experience in the implementation of ITIL and ITOM modules within ServiceNow
- Minimum of 8 years working IT environment.
- Five years of experience in SaaS software configuration and development using Web Services and Simple Object Access Protocol, XML/RPC.
- Certified ServiceNow Administrator
- College degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Deep functional and technical knowledge of the ServiceNow platform as well as experience delivering a minimum of two medium to large-scale ServiceNow implementations and version upgrade
- Experience with relational databases (e.g. SQL, Oracle)
- Computer science degree; or equivalent work experience within IT at a technical level from an Infrastructure, application and networking platform.
- ITIL certified
- Knows Agile concept and methodology
Canadian Citizens and those authorized to work in Canada are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
Email your resume highlighting your relevant experience to email@example.com. Reference IT-June1801
NOTE: Unfortunately, we will not be able to reply to applicants who do not meet the above criteria.
Since 1972, Syntax has been providing comprehensive technology solutions to businesses of all sizes throughout North America with thousands of customers trusting Syntax with their IT services and ERP needs.
Syntax’s award-winning Private Cloud Solutions for E-Business Suite, JD Edwards, PeopleSoft, Hyperion, OBIEE and Siebel deliver what enterprise application stakeholders value the most: superior, reliable performance at competitive, predicable costs.