Syntax is a leader in providing Cloud and Managed Services to businesses across North America. Syntax’s cloud offerings, including their best in class Enterprise Cloud for ERP, continues to grow and accelerate; a unique offering that safely hosts and manages critical business applications. Syntax partners with global IT leaders such as Oracle, IBM and others.
Reporting to the Manager DBA Operations, the individual will be fully responsible for of the basic and more complex tasks associated with Oracle Application Management and for all technical matters related to the Oracle Applications databases including upgrades, cloning, monitoring and tuning the operating environment, coordinating/executing all code migrations.
- Apply Patches and perform implementations, installations and upgrades as required, while working closely with Oracle Support to resolve any issues.
- Opening, Managing, and Resolving Oracle SRs (Troubleshoot issues raised by users and provide timely resolutions), via a thorough understanding of Oracle Apps technical environment.
- Carry out critical events SLA management and first response.
- Full Applications (11i / R12) support, including Installation and Cloning of Applications, as well as System Administration and Troubleshooting, Backups, Refreshes and Non-Production Clones.
- Troubleshooting issues related to Apache, Applications stack, discoverer and DB.
- Perform Apps / DB Bounces, Applying Data fixes, Enabling Workflow Mailer Logging, Setting up Debug logs, Gathering Schema Statistics, Running RDAs (Remote Diagnostic Agent), Opatch and AD Utilities, collecting logs and traces & other DB commands.
- Analyze and document system storage requirements.
- Configuring, creating new instances for reporting purposes and automating the process of refreshing instances
- Work in flexible Shifts as demanded by project or task being done.
- Deal with clients regularly via email and phone.
- 8+ years of strong working experience with Oracle Apps DBA activities, supporting Implementations, Installations, Customizations, Administration and Report Configuration for Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS).
- The following technologies would be a plus: Weblogic, EBS 12.2.x, SOA, OBIEE, SSO/OID, GRC, Agile.5 + years’ experience with JD Edwards software
- Experience in Installation, configuration, Tuning Maintenance and Upgrade of Oracle Applications release 11i/ R12.
- Experience in Patching, Cloning/Backup recovery Both Application and Database
- Experience in Performance & tuning Database
- Experience with Enterprise Manager, 10g database
- Experience in performing release upgrades of Oracle E-Business Suite
- Experience with Load balancing of application tier, and setting up parallel concurrent processing
- Responsible for installing/maintaining multiple development and test environments
- Experience in Offshore environment
- Experience in RAC implementations, BPEL, Integration a plus.
- Production working knowledge a must.
- Experience in Core DBA Applications Sysadmin tasks such as printer configuration, custom top creation, etc.
- Knowledge on Discoverer and Application Server is an added advantage.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills on issues related to Apache, Applications stack, discoverer and DB.
- Good with Backup and restore process using RMAN
- Strong troubleshooting skills in the EBS environment and with core DB
- Application DBA experience in Backup and Recovery (RMAN and hot backup) Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC) and Data Guard setup and configuration Knowledge on Database
- Candidate must have good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent Communication skills.
- Oracle Certified Associate / Oracle Certified Professional a plus.
- Well versed with Cloning of Multimode and Single nodes Instances with RAC.
- Well versed with Patching on Single Node, Multimode Instances along with Shared and Distributed Appltop.
- Must have worked on all flavours of operating system like HP/UX, IBM, Sun Solaris, Linux and Windows.
- Able to independently work on assignments and interact with diverse teams (unix, network, function/technical users)
- Must be very good at Trouble shooting and Root Causing issues arising out of day to day production operations
Email your resume highlighting your relevant experience to email@example.com– Reference MS-sept1808.
NOTE: Unfortunately, we will not be able to reply to applicants who do not meet the above criteria.
Since 1972, Syntax has been providing comprehensive technology solutions to businesses of all sizes throughout North America with thousands of customers trusting Syntax with their IT services and ERP needs.
Syntax’s award-winning Private Cloud Solutions for E-Business Suite, JD Edwards, PeopleSoft, Hyperion, OBIEE and Siebel deliver what enterprise application stakeholders value the most: superior, reliable performance at competitive, predicable costs.