Posted On: March 8, 2018
JD Edwards Senior Financials Consultant, Canada – Full Time or Contract
Consulting Services - Canada
Syntax is a leader in providing JD Edwards, EBS, and Professional Services as well as Cloud and Managed Services to businesses across North America. Syntax’s cloud offerings, including their best in class Enterprise Cloud for ERP continues to grow and accelerate; a unique offering that safely hosts and manages critical business applications. Syntax partners with global IT leaders such as Oracle, IBM and others.
Reporting to the Director of Consulting Services, the Senior JD Edwards Finance/Job Cost Consultant will provide functional application product expertise & leadership, clearly communicate product concepts and knowledge, lead the definition of business solutions, coordinate functional team activities according to plan and work independently to deliver value to clients.
- Delivery of multiple concurrent consulting assignments either on your own or as part of a Syntax team.
- Provide product knowledge transfer, scripting, testing and problem-solving skills to your client(s).
- Scope, configure and test the JD Edwards applications under your responsibility.
- Direct the tasks to be performed by the customer team members as per the project plan
- Ensure adherence to project budget/timelines and Syntax methodologies & standards
- Lead development of business processes in consultation with customer
- Develop functional specifications for enhancements, interfaces, reports and conversions; work with developers to complete testing through to final delivery.
- Conduct pre-sale discovery calls and deliver JD Edwards product demonstrations.
- At least 5-10 years’ experience with full life-cycle with “net-new” or upgrades of J.D. Edwards EnterpriseOne (versions 8.10-9.2)
- Strong knowledge and hands-on implementation experience with the following modules:
- Financials: Address Book, General Ledger, Chart of Accounts, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivables, Credit & Collections, Fixed Assets, Multi-Currency, Budgets, Advanced Cost Accounting
- Projects: Job Cost, Work Order Management, Contract & Service Billing, etc.
- OneView Reporting, Financial Report Writer, E1 Pages, Watchlists, etc.
- Able to work with other team members on integration with other JD Edwards modules (Distribution, Manufacturing, HR/Payroll, Capital Asset Management, etc.).
- Solid financial, business background and vertical knowledge in a number of industries.
- Experience in training clients on JDE Financials Business Accelerators, User Productivity Kit (UPK), etc. is a definite asset.
- Experience on JD Edwards World software, product costing or manufacturing accounting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bilingual in French is highly preferred, location in Montreal a definite asset but not mandatory
- Ability to travel; 35-75% on-site work.
- Canadian CA or CGA designation, with University degree
Canadian Citizens and those authorized to work in Canada are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
Email your resume highlighting your relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. Reference 9503-20S.
NOTE: Unfortunately, we will not be able to reply to applicants who do not meet the above criteria.
Since 1972, Syntax has been providing comprehensive technology solutions to businesses of all sizes throughout North America with thousands of customers trusting Syntax with their IT services and ERP needs. Syntax’s award-winning Private Cloud Solutions for E-Business Suite, JD Edwards, PeopleSoft, Hyperion, OBIEE and Siebel deliver what enterprise application stakeholders value the most: superior, reliable performance at competitive, predicable costs.