Syntax is a leader in providing cloud and implementation services for JD Edwards. We are both an Oracle Platinum Partner and an IBM Premier Partner with locations in Canada and the US.
Reporting to the Director of Finance the Controller will contribute to the overall success of the organization by effectively managing all financial tasks for the organization. The successful candidate is organized, efficient, is great with excel, has a good eye for detail, is reliable and able to carry out tasks autonomously and collaboratively. Your goal is to keep the accounting and financial processes of the company up to standard and help with ad hoc reporting.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Manage outsourced functions
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department (accounts payable, accounts receivable and invoicing, payroll), including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department’s goals and objectives
- Issue timely and complete consolidated financial statements in compliance with ASPE and report any significant issues to management
- Manage the month-end process (monthly analysis, journal entries, reconciliation of accounts, review of the finance department work)
- Preparation of the annual audit file and coordinate with the auditors
- Assist the auditors on the preparation of the tax returns (CAD and US)
- Manage and comply with local, state, province, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Manage the cash flow requirement weekly, the needs of currencies, debt level and compliance with debt covenant
- Review and process the bi-weekly payroll (CAD and US) and year-end reports
- Review and process year-end requirement for payroll (T4, 1099-MISC, W-2, etc.)
- Manage the tracking of vacation and other leave
- Provide weekly analysis on productivity of all production employees
- Review and pay the sales taxes reports (CAD and US)
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts report significant variances to management
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Calculation of bonuses based on employees plans
- Provide financial analysis as needed, for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
- Assist in the preparation of the board meeting presentation and ad hoc requirements by the board
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles (ASPE) and procedures
- Strong financial reporting experience
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience in forecasting and budgeting
- Knowledge in Canadian and US sales taxes regulations
- Knowledge in Canadian and US corporate taxes regulations
- Experience with Canadian and US payroll processing
- Experience with insurance – taxable benefits
- Experience in managing a small team
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills to evaluate alternatives and provide recommendations on business issues
- JDE/EBS knowledge is an asset
-Including years of experience, field of study
- Bilingual (spoken and written French and English)
- Proven working experience as a Financial controller
- 8-10 years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
- Bachelor in Accounting or in Business administration
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation
The roles pays a competitive salary and full benefits.
Canadian Citizens and those authorized to work in Canada are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
Email your resume highlighting your relevant experience to email@example.com. Reference 9100-03S.
NOTE: Unfortunately, we will not be able to reply to applicants who do not meet the above criteria.
Since 1972, Syntax has been providing comprehensive technology solutions to businesses of all sizes throughout North America with thousands of customers trusting Syntax with their IT services and ERP needs. Since 1997, Syntax has focused on JD Edwards EnterpriseOne and JD Edwards World while supporting and enhancing its SDM product line. Today, as an Oracle Platinum Partner and IBM Premier Partner, Syntax is a leader in providing cloud and implementation services for JD Edwards. From their multiple offices in Canada and across the U.S., Syntax delivers a leading combination of software, services and cloud solutions to meet the needs of its diverse range of customers. Syntax’s cloud offerings, including their best in class Enterprise Cloud for ERP continues to grow and accelerate; a unique offering that safely hosts and manages critical business applications.