Hyperion Analyst in Montreal or Toronto. Immediate Full-Time Position Available
Syntax is a leader in providing JD Edwards, Cloud and Managed Services to businesses across North America. Syntax’s cloud offerings, including their best in class Enterprise Cloud for ERP continues to grow and accelerate; a unique offering that safely hosts and manages critical business applications. Syntax partners with global IT leaders such as Oracle, IBM and others.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Global DBA Operations, the Hyperion Analyst will provide the following essential functions:
- Coordinate technical details and action plans with subordinates and/or vendors for RDBMS and Application-level maintenance procedures.
- Serve as escalation point for technical issues that cannot be resolved by less experienced team members.
- Document resolutions to escalated issues in the Knowledge Base.
- Develop and implement maintenance procedures in accordance with client-centric resolution timeframe and blackout window policies.
- Manage and implement approved, timely, detailed action plans for high priority and recommended patches.
- Recognize and communicate to management, and implement approved plans to meet Operations’ needs for additional products, support, and services.
- Serve in leadership role for prevention, detection, identification, and resolution of technical issues in the outsourced environment.
- Prioritize concurrent issues to meet client satisfaction and Service Level Agreement commitments.
- Update technical and procedural documentation continuously to increase productivity and client satisfaction for both unique and repetitive situations.
- Suggest enhancements to, and perform daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly maintenance procedures as defined in the operational guides and standard procedures of DBA Management.
- Complete management-assigned ad-hoc requests and tasks as needed in support of clients and their respective servers and applications.
- Knowledge of Hyperion Essbase Server 9.x, 11.x and other Hyperion applications such as Financial Management, Planning, Performance Scorecard and Strategic Finance
- Knowledge of Oracle 10g and 11g database
- Knowledge of iAS 10g application server and 11g Weblogic application server
- In-depth experience with Installation/Upgrade/Patching with Hyperion Essbase and other Hyperion applications
- Prior Migration experience of Planning and HFM application from non-prod to prod environment
- Prior Upgrade experience of Planning and HFM application from earlier version of Hyperion to latest versions.
- Knowledge of Essbase, Planning and HFM Administration
- Knowledge of Essbase, Planning and HFM Performance Tuning
- Experience with Integrating Hyperion with OID and MSAD Service
- Hands-on experience with Data Management tools FDQM, DIM and ODI
- Experience with Financial Management DCOM technology
- Backup, local recovery and Disaster recovery of Hyperion environment
- Responsible for the integrity of the Hyperion Planning and Financial Reporting applications.
- Working knowledge of building planning web forms and business rules. Expert with calculation manager business rules/scripts.
- Working knowledge in using Smartview/Financial Reporting Studio to build excel retrieve query or financial reports.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Oracle DBA Skills
- Oracle Applications/EBS experience
- Oracle OBIEE /Dashboarding/Informatica/ETL experience
- Knowledge of third party HTTP load balancer such as BIG-IP
- Working knowledge on Linux platform
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent.
- Excellent technical and client communication skills in U.S. English (written and verbal); exhibits sound judgment, and ability to handle a variety of client situations efficiently.
- Up to 20% travel.
Canadian Citizens and those authorized to work in Canada are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
Email your resume highlighting your relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. Reference 9105-7S.
NOTE: Unfortunately, we will not be able to reply to applicants who do not meet the above criteria.
Since 1972, Syntax has been providing comprehensive technology solutions to businesses of all sizes throughout North America with thousands of customers trusting Syntax with their IT services and ERP needs.
Syntax’s award-winning Private Cloud Solutions for E-Business Suite, JD Edwards, PeopleSoft, Hyperion, OBIEE and Siebel deliver what enterprise application stakeholders value the most: superior, reliable performance at competitive, predicable costs.