JD Edwards Development Manager
Syntax is a leader in providing JD Edwards, EBS, and Professional Services as well as Cloud and Managed Services to businesses across North America. Syntax’s cloud offerings, including their best in class Enterprise Cloud for ERP continues to grow and accelerate; a unique offering that safely hosts and manages critical business applications. Syntax partners with global IT leaders such as Oracle, IBM and others.
Reporting to the Director of Consulting Services, this role entails JD Edwards Development leadership and delivery of consulting/development services for Syntax customers. The majority of the work is project driven during projects involving implementations, knowledge transfer and upgrades with some ad hoc assignments.
- Manage the JD Edwards development (both on-shore and off-shore) resources, scheduling work assignments, delivery tracking, etc.
- Customer interaction and communication to ensure proper expectations and updates provided on delivery schedules including any issues or delays
- Provide service estimates for new or existing customers relative to RFP’s, RFI’s, RICE estimation for services & training requests, etc.
- Assist in pre-sales:
- Discovery sessions to clarify customer requirements
- Presentation of software development lifecycle methodology and best practices
- Ensure adherence to development commitments, assignment budgets & timelines
- Assist in planning and execution to maximize development resource utilization. Recommend resource or appropriate skills/education as required.
- Work with Solution Architects/Senior Consultants to ensure design will meet customer needs, and is consistent with JD Edwards practices
- Hands-on JD Edwards development skills, ideally with advanced tools (i.e. BI Publisher, Web Services, ADF, E1 Page Composer, etc.)
- Maintain, enhance and package a repository of Syntax RICE components for re-use by our company in ongoing delivery situations including the documentation for same.
- Compliance with Syntax methodologies, creation & adherence to development standards as well as for delivery of services within the practice
- Other duties as assigned by Management
- Ideally the Development Lead must possess a solid knowledge of JD Edwards applications, table structures, etc. and have done development across multiple suites and modules. Demonstrated Solution Architect experience is a definite asset.
- Excellent interpersonal, organization, multi-tasking and problem-solving abilities.
- Knowledgeable in JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Xe through 9.2 environments, experience with World Software A7.3-A9.4 is an asset
- Minimum of 5 years hands-on JD Edwards development and integration development
- Team leadership experience
- Some travel may be required from time to time but less than 25 percent.
Canadian Citizens and those authorized to work in Canada are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
Email your resume highlighting your relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. Reference 9503-30S.
NOTE: Unfortunately, we will not be able to reply to applicants who do not meet the above criteria.
Since 1972, Syntax has been providing comprehensive technology solutions to businesses of all sizes throughout North America with thousands of customers trusting Syntax with their IT services and ERP needs.
Syntax’s award-winning Private Cloud Solutions for E-Business Suite, JD Edwards, PeopleSoft, Hyperion, OBIEE and Siebel deliver what enterprise application stakeholders value the most: superior, reliable performance at competitive, predicable costs.