Posted On: March 10, 2016
Realizing the Value of EnterpriseOne Pages
EnterpriseOne Pages (E1 Pages) within JD Edwards provide a framework to display and arrange content and information in such a way that end users can transform their EnterpriseOne user interface and end user experience. End users have the ability to personalize their own experience to meet their individual preferences without customizations. This innovative framework currently allows for the following types of content:
- Graphical display of navigation or information – business process flows simplify navigation to applications and reports and are especially well suited for mobile and tablet computing.
- External URLs – displayed inside an iframe in the home page area.
- Portlets – WSRP portlets can be embedded in E1 Pages to allow for a low cost self-service Portal with the E1Page acting as a WSRP Consumer.
- One View Reports – display One View Reports that have been defined as a task with a predefined saved query. The One View Report is executed in real time when the E1 Page is selected.
- Watchlists – displayed in E1 Pages as a button, tile or list to allow for end users to “manage by exception”.
Regardless of the content that is displayed within the E1 Page framework, all E1 Pages allow for:
- Content to be assigned to individual users, roles or to everyone.
- Assigned Pages represented in a tab bar that can be changed and worked on by the end user.
E1 Pages can also call other E1 Pages to create a nested navigation structure.
The E1 Page Generator provides the following benefits:
- Abstract the creation of Business Flows to a Business Flow Framework
- Standardizes HTML Flows
- Common UI Template reinforces aesthetic integrity
- Removes the learning curve involved in encoding the business knowledge into HTML and CSS
While the E1 Page Generator makes the process of creating customer-specific pages more efficient by using a simple-to-learn text layout language, this process still requires users to design outside of EnterpriseOne. Users must then import their E1 Pages into EnterpriseOne. Overall these “Generated E1 Pages” still requires significant skill, practice and experience to create effective visualizations.
The newly released E1 Page Composer provides a new type of E1 Page that enables users to dynamically define personalized layouts over the applications, reports and watchlists. The features provided by this new tool are equivalent in functionality to the E1 Page Generator and provide for a number of key advantages over “Generated E1 Pages”:
- Minimal learning curve
- Reduced build time, using drag and drop selection from available page elements
- No coding experience required
- Eliminates the need for HTML developers
- Provides robust capabilities for the end user
- Leverages existing UDO (User Defined Object) functionality
The E1 Page Composer design is intelligent and intuitive allowing any experienced EnterpriseOne user to personalize their workspace.
EnterpriseOne Pages (E1 Pages) provides a framework to display and arrange content and information in a modern and attractive manner and can transform and transition the end user experience while allowing for personalization to meet individual needs.
Customers should embrace the consumerization of IT and the user interface navigation and information benefits of E1 Pages.
Syntax’s team of expert functional consultants can provide training, industry-specific advice and guidance on E1 Page creation while our Technical Consultants (CNC) can configure, train and manage the technical setup and change management associated with these technologies.
-Colin Dawes, Chief Technology Office, Syntax (@SyntaxCTO)