When you have a growing business, working with a managed services provider (MSP) can help you significantly reduce your IT staffing and cost, to help your achieve your performance goals more efficiently than if you tried to manage all IT aspects of the business in-house.
Did you know that more than 70% of IT budgets are spent on operations and maintenance?
From taking care of common software and security updates to advanced ERP installation and upgrades, having a Managed Services Provider by your side can enhance the efficiency of your business operations, giving you the ability to focus on your bottom line. The question is: does your Managed Services Provider have the capabilities to grow alongside your organization?
In the field of technology, scalability refers to “the ability of a system, network or process to handle a growing amount of work in a capable manner or its ability to be enlarged to accommodate that growth.”
Many people use the term “scalability” without providing a clear definition of how it can be quantified. Scalability can be measured in 4 dimensions:
- Administrative scalability: The ability for an increasing number of organizations or users to easily share a single distributed system (i.e. multiple computers that communicate through a computer network.)
- Functional scalability: The ability to enhance the system by adding new functionality at minimal effort.
- Geographic scalability: The ability to maintain performance, usefulness, or usability regardless of expansion from concentration in a local area to a more distributed geographic pattern.
- Load scalability: The ability for a distributed system to easily expand its resource pool to accommodate heavier loads or number of inputs. Alternatively, the ease with which a system or component can be modified to accommodate changing load.
A basic prerequisite for a Managed Services Provider that offers true scalability—is the ability to provide scalable environments, products and services that have the capacity to grow when you need them.
At Syntax, our portfolio of scalable managed services includes but is not limited to:
- Service operations
- Systems operations monitoring
- Operating system and equipment upgrades
- Back-ups/offsite data storage
- Network monitoring
- Communications support
The Managed Services Provider must have adequate power, space and equipment to handle new needs without jeopardizing other application or software.
The Case for Managed Services
CIOs and IT decision-makers will agree that when outsourcing services to a Managed Services Provider, the most immediate benefits they want to see are in the areas of knowledge and cost savings. With access to a Managed Services Provider’s wealth of industry-specific knowledge, your staff is free from day-to-day operational challenges and is able to focus on strategic department initiatives. On top of the Managed Services Provider’s ability to deliver on projects, scalability is a critical issue that must be addressed and reviewed to ensure operational success.
Syntax can help you design a system that works not only now, but also when you need it to accommodate higher network traffic, more users, more hardware and power. We approach each client with a clean slate and do not offer a one-size-fits-all package. We perform an in-depth review of your current technology environment. Once we have determined the most appropriate solution for your business, we will provide the optimal mix of products, services and support that enable your goals and objectives. Our mission is to provide an end-to-end solution to ensure that you never have to worry about how the solution will perform when you need scalability.
Mobile Spy Reviews has a very good and mostly they are only positive. For this we have to work hard. But the outcome is evidently worth the effort.