Posted On: August 6, 2020
Expand Your Business Success with JDE 9.2
The features and functionality of JD Edwards EnterpriseOne continue to advance. Understand the impacts to your business.
This article is based off the Syntax eBook, The State of JD Edwards EnterpriseOne. View the complete guide, download now.
For a very long time, enterprise software was hard to use, hard to look at, and even harder to understand. Green screens and clunky interfaces were the norm. But the software world has changed. Enterprise users are demanding that their software be intuitive, functional, and even pleasing to look at. Oracle understands this and has transformed their JD Edwards EnterpriseOne software to meet the demands of an evolving marketplace.
With continuous enhancement releases, JD Edwards EnterpriseOne enables companies to adopt modern best practices and adapt to the competitive dynamics of a changing global economy.
This release includes a variety of innovative, industry-specific new products and features that create competitive advantages for customers. JD Edwards EnterpriseOne provides an integrated suite of ERP applications for a comprehensive solution that combines business value, standards-based technology, and deep industry experience with a low total cost of ownership (TCO).
How JD Edwards Stacks Up Against Its Competitors
ERP systems are a big investment, but the right ERP can lower your total cost of ownership (TCO) and raise your return on investment (ROI). JD Edwards reduces operating expenses and boosts profitability by increasing employee productivity. Its drag-and-drop customization for user navigation leads to vastly improved business process flows.
JD Edwards Versus SAP ERP
Unlike its competitors, JDE is disruptive in a good way with its regularly scheduled upgrades. SAP all-in-one users suffer from its frequent rate of failure and operational disruptions during implementation.1 In addition, these users also report a higher TCO. Nucleus Research found that 9 out of 10 users of a SAP ERP solution wouldn’t make a future investment.2 Many users appear to be planning a switch, as they are evaluating competing options.
JD Edwards Versus Microsoft Dynamics AX
Compared with JD Edwards, Microsoft Dynamics AX has limited cloud ERP options.3 The need to rely on 3rd parties for additional applications to complete a solution adds up to a higher TCO and more difficult implementations and upgrades. Users also complained about a lack of training by skilled personnel.4
Once you choose an ERP platform, you want it to work for the long run. To this end, Oracle is continuously evolving JD Edwards to better meet a wide variety of business needs. JD Edwards has built on its already deep functionality and usability by becoming even more user-friendly, open, and flexible.
How to Upgrade to JD Edwards 9.2
JD Edwards knows how important it is that your business maintains continuity during a major upgrade. JD Edwards 9.2 offers a simplified upgrade as an alternative to the traditional upgrade. These upgrades can be time and cost-efficient, with 70% of ERP upgrades being completed within or even below budget.5
Fast and low-risk ERP deployments result in a lower overall TCO. The faster companies can take advantage of JD Edward’s user-friendly upgrades, the faster they can see rising ROI coming from increased worker productivity.
- A traditional upgrade replaces the entire set of JD Edwards EnterpriseOne objects. In this case, all code objects need to be retrofitted.
- The simplified upgrade identifies and replaces only the standard objects that have changed between version 9.0.2 or 9.1 and the 9.2 applications release.6 Unaffected objects are saved, and fewer objects need to be retrofitted and tested.
How to Make the Most of Mobile with JD Edwards
Workforce mobility is growing. The need to stay connected to your most important applications means that modern software must be available for and easy to use on mobile devices. The JD Edwards 9.2 upgrade provides a portfolio of mobile applications.
The convenience of smartphones, notebooks, and tablets translates to the workplace, especially for companies in the manufacturing, distribution, and engineering business. Mobile devices enable workers to stay connected on remote job sites. They can access information and make instant updates while in the field. There is no need to bring reams of paper and physical files.
JDE offers mobile applications for virtually every aspect of your business, including:
- Order Management
- Health and Safety
- Equipment Maintenance
- Project Management
- Customer Relationship Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Asset Management and Maintenance
- Expense Management
- Human Resources
- Mobile Time Entry
- Phone App
- Barcode Scanning
Finding the Best Cloud Platform for JD Edwards
Whether your business is new to JD Edwards, a long-time user, or has gone off maintenance and needs to relicense, you should consider the cloud as a deployment platform for your ERP system. JD Edwards is a cloud-friendly application. Customers realize superior performance when using a cloud architected specifically for JD Edwards.
Customers choose the cloud as a deployment option for many reasons, including:
- Flexibility: Pay for the services you need when you need them.
- Lower total cost of ownership: Lower cost compared to an on-premises solution.
- Scalability: A cloud solution can grow as your business grows.
- Performance: With economies of scale working in your favor, you gain better, faster infrastructure.
- Expertise: Better, more specialized resources compared to most single customer environments.
- Security: Better, more robust security because of economies of scale.
- Monitoring: Helps anticipate issues before they become problems.
- Focus: The team managing your cloud environment is focused on the specific tasks of managing your environment, leaving you to focus on the high value-add activities that support your strategic objectives.
For new JD Edwards implementations, the cloud can help you realize the benefits of the software you just acquired faster. For existing JD Edwards customers, an upgrade is a great time to make the switch to the cloud.
The future of JD Edwards and Syntax
With JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.2, Oracle continues to invest in functionality that creates a competitive advantage for JD Edwards customers in focus industries like engineering and construction, manufacturing, distribution, and asset-intensive industries.
You can make the most of JD Edwards by working with a 3rd party that has the right industry experience. Syntax has been providing business solutions built around JD Edwards applications since 1997. They have supported and implemented the entire suite of applications, as well as delivered development projects, integrations, and upgrades.
Contact us today to discover how we help you with JD Edwards Managed Services or if you want to understand more about the migration to EnterpriseOne 9.2.
Download the eBook. This article is based off the Syntax eBook, The State of JD Edwards EnterpriseOne. View the complete guide for even more information about the JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.2 release.
- Tech Target | http://searchsap.techtarget.com/feature/SAP-vs-Oracle-Who-comes-out-ahead
- Nucleus Research | http://nucleusresearch.com/research/single/6-10-customers-wouldnt-buy-sap/
- ERP Search | http://erpsearch.com/dynamics-ax-strengths.php
- IT Central Station | https://www.itcentralstation.com/product_reviews/microsoft-dynamics-ax-review-34270-by-shaik-ishaq
- Syntax | http://www.syntax.com/services/managedservices/upgrade/
- Oracle | http://www.oracle.com/us/products/applications/jd-edwards-world/jde-release-9-2-2705386.pdf