Greater flexibility, higher efficiency, scalable capacity, dynamic pricing models: just some of the advantages that enterprises can expect when moving data and critical applications such as SAP ERP to the cloud. Platforms like Microsoft Azure provide the foundation for your comprehensive digital transformation. And when you opt for us to deliver your Managed Azure Cloud, you are in the best of hands.
Managed Azure Cloud: our enterprise services
As a certified Microsoft partner, Syntax is a single source for everything around development, operation and management of an Azure cloud environment. We ensure smooth operation and take care of monitoring, patching and securing the server infrastructure as well as managing all of the operating systems, databases and applications. Here is just a selection of the services we offer:
Custom Azure cloud architecture
Our Microsoft specialists know exactly which solutions are best suited to our customers’ specific requirements and work with them to plan and assemble made-to-measure infrastructure in the Azure cloud that is tailored for their business requirements.
With the expertise from countless migration projects behind it, Syntax knows exactly how to transition your data and workloads to the Azure cloud smoothly, also seamlessly integrating business-critical applications such as SAP.
Operation and maintenance of the entire Azure infrastructure
Through our Managed Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) offering we make sure that our customers can use the virtual computing resources provided in the Azure cloud at all times without any issues, so they get the most out of their cloud investment.
Application Management Services
Syntax provides a full range of services to keep an overview of all applications, data and workloads in the Azure cloud. With Incident Management, Patch Management, Service Requests, Change and Problem Management, our ITIL-compliant offering keeps you running at all times.
Azure Cloud: Migration
Choosing the right migration strategy to ensure the best results takes in many factors, which is why Syntax always starts with a comprehensive workload assessment. How can the existing infrastructure be best transitioned to a corresponding Azure cloud architecture? Will all of the applications run on the Azure Cloud Computing platform? What types of virtual machine (VM) will be needed in Azure? The picture soon crystallises and a recommendation emerges for one or more of the following cloud migration strategies:
- Rehost: A “lift and shift” project is carried out to migrate the existing infrastructure to the Azure cloud, continuing to use virtual machines and databases. This is often triggered by the expiry of existing server contracts or service agreements.
- Refactor: Individual applications are optimised to run in the cloud environment and adapted accordingly.
- Rearchitect: A new application architecture is designed to take advantage of the Azure environment in the public cloud and use innovative cloud services.
Azure Cloud: Compliance
In Europe and Germany in particular, security and compliance are of vital importance when it comes to using a public cloud environment like Microsoft Azure. Syntax prioritises these aspects above everything else. They are especially important for third-party software and open source components running in the Azure cloud. Whether you use SQL Server, Oracle or MySQL, we will store and manage your data securely and diligently. Microsoft’s data centres and cloud services comply with many different regional, global and industry-specific security standards and certification schemes.
In addition security is guaranteed at various levels and meets the most demanding requirements. These range from management of individuals’ access to systems, data centre security with CCTV and two-factor biometric entry systems to integrated protection mechanisms within the compute platform to prevent unauthorised access to customer information and ensure proper, secure deletion of data.
Fewer servers, lower costs
A company needed support to migrate and host an application in a managed Azure Cloud environment. Instead of the recommended specification comprising a file server, a database server and an application server, Syntax designed an architecture that only required one physical machine. The company was able to save a large proportion of its previous operating costs by running a database as a service along with Azure native file services.
SAP on Azure
A Syntax customer in the field of mechanical engineering wanted greater flexibility and lower costs for SAP ERP. As a specialist in SAP and Azure cloud, Syntax guided the customer through the migration of its entire ERP system from a private cloud to the Azure cloud. Since the project was completed, the company has been enjoying lower costs, as well as a more scalable and flexible ERP system, both in terms of the VMs used for the production system as well as the resources for non-production systems that only need to be available at certain times.
Syntax – your partner for Managed Azure Cloud
A Managed Azure Cloud service offers numerous benefits. Companies can make the most of them when they choose Syntax as a partner.
- Our experts understand industry-specific requirements and add value with platform services such as analytics, IoT, Big Data, RPA, DevOps, AI/ML and container technologies.
- Syntax is a Microsoft Gold Partner for the Cloud Platform and Cloud Productivity. As a SAP Cloud-Certified Provider (CCP) we can also manage the migration and operation of entire SAP systems in a Managed Azure Cloud service.
- Our status as a direct Cloud Solution Provider (CSP) allows us to combine every Microsoft service with Syntax Value Added Services to create a custom offering from a single provider.
- Migration to the Managed Azure Cloud is just the start of an ongoing, iterative process of optimisation. Our operations let companies take full benefit from digitalisation.
- Syntax also offers Managed Azure Cloud Services such as new migration processes for even better integration of SAP systems into the modern workplace and the use of data from ERP and other systems to create innovative dashboards.
FAQ: Managed Azure Cloud
What sort of cloud computing products does Azure cloud support?
Anyone using cloud computing primarily benefits from the reduced financial and operational resources required for computing. The Azure Cloud Platform offers Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) through which Microsoft provides networking, compute and storage products. Businesses that also need an operating environment can opt for Platform as a Service (PaaS) products that allow them to focus fully on delivering their own applications. And anyone relying on Syntax as a partner does not need to worry about migration, maintenance or operations. They are all part of our one-stop shop experience in form of Software as a Service (SaaS).
What are the benefits of Azure cloud?
Microsoft Azure offers many advantages, including:
- Numerous infrastructure services for business-critical workloads
- High-speed innovation and agility
- Very widespread regional availability
- Great potential for cost optimisation
- Simple integration with other Microsoft solutions already in use