Posted On: March 7, 2019
Collaborate 19 Sneak Preview: 8 Quick Lessons for a “Lift and Shift” of Oracle EBS to the Private Cloud
Collaborate 19 is just around the corner! This year Quest, the OAUG and IOUG will be bringing you Collaborate 19 in San Antonio, Texas from April 7th to April 11th.
Syntax will be participating both an exhibitor and a featured session presenter. One of the sessions we’re pleased to be co-presenting is “A Roadmap for Taking Oracle E-Business Suite to the Cloud…Without Oracle Cloud” which is being led by Allan Spitzer and Garett Presson of Abt Associates.
Today, as part of our “Collaborate 19 Sneak Preview” series we’d like to share 8 Quick Lessons for a “Lift and Shift” of Oracle EBS to the Cloud, which highlights several of the same themes we’ll be expanding upon in San Antonio.
8 Quick Lessons for a “Lift and Shift” of Oracle EBS to the Private Cloud
- Take a holistic approach to gathering business requirements, taking into account what the company needs as a whole as opposed to compiling a list of disparate, siloed requirements
- Secure active involvement from all corporate sponsors throughout the project to ensure that your end result is aligned with corporate strategy
- Clearly establish business processes, independent of technology, prior to beginning any “Lift and Shift” activities
- Understand your corporate culture and be realistic about your organization’s ability to absorb and adapt to change
- Choose the right Cloud provider – Ideally, work with a single vendor who has both the Oracle expertise, know-how and capacity to host non-Oracle Applications
- Deliver immediate benefits as soon as the “Lift and Shift” goes live to ease the transition and foster end user adoption
- Ensure that IT is seen as a trusted business partner across the company
- Communicate and collaborate actively – Take care to listen to your end users at least as much as you talk with them
Take a moment to watch the video where Allan Spitzer provides more insight into some of the points above.
Ready for More? Then Join us at Collaborate 19
If you’re ready for a deep dive that gives you a “been there, done that” perspective on how to migrate your Oracle E-Business Suite applications to the Cloud, then make sure to join Abt Associates sessions at Collaborate 19. “A Roadmap for Taking Oracle E-Business Suite to the Cloud…Without Oracle Cloud!” will be held on Tuesday, April 9th at 10:30 am in GH 4th FL Texas Salon D.
If you’re at Collaborate but unable to make the session, you can meet with one of our Cloud migration experts in person by stopping by booth #643. Or you can pre-schedule a one-on-one meeting here.
If you’ve found this publication after Collaborate 19 and need support shifting your Oracle E-Business Suite footprint to the Cloud, contact us or call us directly at 1-877-968-2948.