Effective Date/Last Updated: January 1, 2021
By using our Site and/or providing your personal information to us through Offline Activities, you consent to the collection, use, and sharing of that information in accordance with this Policy.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We reserve the right to make changes to this Policy at any time. In the event we make material changes to the Policy, We will provide notice through the Site. Changes will be effective immediately upon posting to the Site and will apply to your use of the Site and participation in Offline Activities after the “effective date” listed above. You understand and agree that your continued use of the Site after the effective date means the collection, use, and sharing of your personal information is subject to the updated Policy. Except to the extent we receive your authorization or as permitted or required by applicable law, we will handle your data in accordance with the terms of the Policy in effect at the time of the collection.
WHAT INFORMATION IS COLLECTED?
Information You Provide
We collect information that you provide directly to us when you visit the Site or through Offline Activities. You may choose whether to provide personally identifiable information, i.e., information that identifies or could be used to identify an individual (“Personal Information”) through, for example, the various SYNTAX Registration links on the Site. If You do, You are prompted only for certain basic information such as your name, the organization You represent, job title, contact information, company email and anything You choose to include in the “message” text box. You do not have to provide the above information to access or use the other sections of the Site.
We may also collect Personal Information from you when you upload documents or complete forms. If you upload documents (e.g., a CV or resume) or complete forms on the Site, we may collect the information contained in those documents/forms. You will not need to disclose Personal Information such as your Social Security number, age, race, sex, religion, political affiliation, or home address.
Information We Automatically Collect from You
To monitor utilization of the Site and continuously improve its quality, we may compile statistical information concerning Site usage through analytics services, such as those provide by Google Analytics. Examples of this information may include: the number of visitors to the Site or to sections or pages within the Site, patterns of traffic flowing through the Site, length of time spent on the Site or in sections or pages of the Site, the other sites that refer visitors to the Site, pages of the Site used as entry and exit points, utilization of the browser and operating systems and versions used by visitors to the Site, methods used to browse away from the page, any phone number used to call our customer service number, and location information. The analytics services may transfer this information to third parties in case of a legal obligation or if a third-party processes data on behalf of that service.
To compile this information, we may collect and store:
- Your IP address
- Your operating system and platform
- Your browser type and version
- Time zone setting
- Browser plug-in types and versions
- The pages you visit within the Site
- Data provider
- The length of time you spend on pages within the Site
- The site from which you linked to ours
- Search terms you used in search engines that resulted in you linking to the Site, etc.
While all of this information can be associated with the IP address your computer had while you visited the Site, it will not be associated with you as an individual, or associated with any other information you may submit through the Site or that we may store about you for any other purposes. We may use this information to generate aggregate statistics about visitors to our Site. Please check your web browser if you want to learn what information your browser sends or how to change your settings.
Information from Third Parties
We may collect information about you from third parties such as through your social media services, consistent with your settings on such services, or from other third-party sources that are lawfully entitled to share your data with us.
A cookie is a small file consisting of letters and numbers. This file uniquely identifies and recognizes your browser or device and transmits information back to the server. Depending on the cookie type, it may perform functions such as remembering the contents of your shopping cart or your preferences, improving the quality of your visit, recording the website pages you view, remembering the name or address you entered during a visit, or delivering ads that are targeted to your interests and browsing activity.
We use essential cookies on our website to make the Site function and analytics cookies to understand how you use the Site, improve its functionality and for other related purposes. We also use advertising/marketing cookies on the Site to help us with our marketing activities. Some of these cookies may follow you when you leave the Site and travel to other websites so that we can serve targeted and relevant ads to you. We may place some of these cookies on your computer or devices. Third parties such as our advertising partners or service providers may also place cookies on your devices when you visit our website.
IMPORTANT: By using the Site, you consent to the processing of your Personal Information for the purposes and functions described above.
WHO IS COLLECTING THIS INFORMATION?
SYNTAX collects the information described above through its Site and through Offline Activities. Our authorized service providers may collect information on our behalf to assist us with Site analytics and marketing. Third parties may also collect information through Site features such as advertising, co-branded areas, third-party integrations, embedded content or links to other websites.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES AND THIRD-PARTY INTEGRATIONS
We may provide links to websites or resources outside of our Site for your informational purposes only. We may also provide links to third party integrations. Third party integrations are websites or platforms that synchronize with our Site to provide you with additional functionality, tools, or services such as accepting job applications, sending newsletters, etc.
You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the availability of third party sites, resources, or integrations and do not endorse and are not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, goods, services or other materials on, available through, or provided by such sites, resources, or integrations. We are not responsible for the privacy or other practices of such sites and cannot guarantee the security of personal information that you provide, or is collected by, such sites. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and terms and conditions on those linked sites.
HOW IS COLLECTED INFORMATION USED?
SYNTAX collects IP addresses and related information for purposes of system administration, analytics, assessing Site traffic and maintaining and improving the Site. We do not link IP addresses to your Personal Information. We can and will use IP addresses, however, to identify a User when We feel it is necessary to enforce compliance with our Website Terms and Conditions or to protect our service, the Site, customers or others.
SYNTAX collects Personal Information about individual Users when they provide such information to us on a voluntary basis through SYNTAX’s registration process or Offline Activities. When You register at the Site for any of our informational services, or provide information through SYNTAX’s Offline Activities, We ask You for a few items of Personal Information, (e.g., name, title, business name and address, email address, and phone number).
SYNTAX uses this information for purposes that may include
- Communicating with You, including responding to your emails or sending messages about the availability of our Site, security, or other service-related issues. (You may change your communication preferences at any time. Please be aware that you cannot opt-out of receiving service messages from us, including security and legal notices.).
- Enabling your use of the Site.
- Providing customer support.
- Providing You with the information, products, and services that You request from us or express interest in.
- Enforcing Site Terms and Conditions, and other similar purposes.
- Conducting research and development; we may use data, including public feedback, to conduct research and for the development of the Site and the services and products we provide to You.
- Ensuring content from our Site is presented most effectively to You and your device.
- Marketing and advertising, including showing ads on the Site using data from advertising technologies such as web beacons, pixels, ad tags, cookies, device identifiers; measuring or understanding the effectiveness of advertising we provide; delivering relevant advertising to you; or for interest based advertising.
- To assist with the job application process.
- For legal compliance, law enforcement and public safety purposes.
We do not share your personal data with any third-party advertisers for their advertising.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
In general, we will not disclose your personal information except with your consent and as described in this Policy. We may disclose your data for the same reasons that we may use it as described in this Policy, which includes disclosing it to our affiliates and non-affiliated third parties, as we deem necessary to carry out those purposes.
- Third Party Vendors. We may need to use or disclose this information with a member of our group partners or third-party vendors as follows:
- With your consent or as you direct;
- To manage the Site;
- To improve and optimize our Site;
- For cloud storage;
- For the performance of obligations arising from any contract we enter into with you;
- To process payments and requests for products and services;
- To provide you with products, services, information, offers, newsletters, promotions, etc.;
- To engage in marketing activities, such as sharing personal information with our partners to deliver advertisements to our shared customers;
- To enhance our services by, among other methods, obtaining assistance with providing more personalized services to you through analytics and other technologies (including, but not limited to, data storage, maintenance services, database management, web analytics and payment processing);
- To protect our interests and legal rights, such as through responding to subpoenas and defending litigation; and
- To protect against and prevent fraud, illegal activity (such as identifying and responding to incidents of hacking or misuse of our websites and mobile applications) and claims and other liabilities.
We endeavor to choose affiliates and non-affiliates with similar standards to ours regarding the protection of data.
- Legal Process, Security, Defense, Protection. It is possible that we will need to disclose information about you if required by law, subpoena, or other legal process.
- Additional disclosures. We may disclose information about you if we have a good faith belief that disclosure is reasonably necessary to:
- demonstrate our relationship with you;
- investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected or actual illegal activities or to assist law enforcement agencies;
- protect the security or integrity of the Site;
- protect against or investigate fraud;
- investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party allegations or claims; or
- protect the rights and safety of others.
- Change in Control or Sale. We can share, sell, assign, or license your personal data in connection with certain business transactions, such as a sale, acquisitions, merger, or change in control, or in preparation for any of these events. In such cases, we will take appropriate steps under the circumstances and to the extent possible to ensure that the recipient agrees to provide privacy protections substantially similar to those established by this Policy. Any entity that acquires all or substantially all of the Company’s assets will have the right to continue using your data consistent with this Policy or as otherwise agreed to by you.
In no case will we sell or license your data to third parties, except as set forth above or as required or permitted by law.
YOUR CHOICES REGARDING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Access, Correction, or Deletion. If your Personal Information changes, or You wish to access, correct, amend, or delete the Personal Information we hold on You, You may email Syntax at [email protected] or contact us by telephone or postal mail at the contact information listed below. SYNTAX will use reasonable efforts to allow Users to update or correct Personal Information previously submitted, which the User states is erroneous. Users will receive a response from SYNTAX within thirty (30) days of submitting their request.
Opt Out. Upon request, SYNTAX will allow any User to “opt out” of further promotional contacts at any time. Users can unsubscribe to any or all of the newsletters by updating their personal profile through a link in any of the newsletters We send, or by sending an email to Syntax at [email protected].
If You no longer desire our service, You may email Syntax at [email protected] or contact us by telephone or postal mail at the contact information listed below.
Email: [email protected]
FAX: (877) 968-2948
Attn: General Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer
Mail: 8000 Decarie Blvd., Suite 300, Montreal, Quebec H4P 2S4
Attn: General Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer
SAFEGUARDING OF INFORMATION
We take a number of steps to safeguard the security of personal information obtained through the Site. This includes updating and testing our security technology on an ongoing basis; restricting access to your personal data to those employees based on a need to know for performance of their job; and training employees on data privacy and security awareness. However, no system for safeguarding personal or other information is 100% secure and although we have taken steps to protect your Personal Information from being intercepted, accessed, used or disclosed by unauthorized persons, we cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with personal information.
DO NOT TRACK
“Do Not Track” is a privacy preference that you can set in your Internet search browser. It sends a signal to a website that You do not want the website operator to track certain browsing information about You. Our Site is not configured to detect Do Not Track signals from a user’s computer and We are unable to respond to Do Not Track requests. Our Site tracks users over time and across third party websites.
INFORMATION OF CHILDREN
The Site is not directed at children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect, use or disclose any Personal Information from children. If You are a parent or guardian and discover that your child or a minor under the age of 13 has posted, submitted or otherwise communicated Personal Information to our Site without your consent, then You may alert us at [INSERT] so that We may take appropriate action to remove the minor’s Personal Information from our systems.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We generally process and store the Personal Information We collect in the United States.
Syntax Systems USA LP and Syntax Systems Limited LLC are wholly owned subsidiaries of Syntax. To mark their commitment to privacy, Syntax Systems USA LP and Syntax Systems Limited LLC are certified under the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce. To view the certifications of Syntax Systems USA LP and Syntax Systems Limited LLC, please visit https://www.privacyshield.gov/.
If you are a California resident,
- The “Shine the Light Law”. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits You to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information by Us to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. You may make a requests one time per calendar year. If applicable, this information would include the categories of customer information and the names and addresses of those businesses with whom We shared customer information for the prior calendar year (e.g., requests made in 2018 will receive information regarding 2017 sharing activities). You may submit your request using the contact information at the end of this Policy.
- California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). If you are a California consumer, you may have additional rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act relating to the collection and processing of your personal information, as defined under that Act. For additional information, please contact us using the contact information below.
We do not sell the personal information of California consumers, including information we collect about individuals acting within the context of a business to business relationship with the Company. We do not have actual knowledge that we have sold personal information of minors under age 16 years of age.
If You have questions or concerns regarding our Policy or practices, please contact Us at
- Email: [email protected]
- FAX: (877) 968-2948
Attn: General Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer
- Mail: 8000 Decarie Blvd., Suite 300, Montreal, Quebec H4P 2S4
Attn: General Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer