Get the most out of your JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.2 solution
This article is based off the Syntax eBook “The State of JD Edwards EnterpriseOne”. View the complete guide, download it now.
To add to the level of personalization offered by JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.2, users that JD Edwards calls “citizen developers” can design customized screen layouts without mastering code. Below are a few enhancements in version 9.2 where JD Edwards is expanding its industry-specific functionality.
IoT Orchestrator: Allows users to collect, filter, analyze, and react to real-time data. Data can be harvested from sensors on connected objects and transformed into actionable information. For example, you can create orchestrations that enable EnterpriseOne to Perform Journal Batch Approvals – create and schedule an orchestration to automatically approve all machine generated G/L Batches.
Preconfigured Orchestration for IRS Compliance: JD Edwards EnterpriseOne delivers a solution to help Human Resources managers in the U.S. monitor income tax withholding for employees who have an IRS lock-in letter.
One View Financial Statements: This feature of One View Reporting allows financial system end-users to create financial statements, such as balance sheets and income statements. Financial statements can be created using records in payroll, fixed assets, accounts receivable, accounts payable, inventory management, warehouse management, and sales order management. Reports can be generated on records in the Account Master, Account Balances, and Business Unit Master.
Watchlists: Part of One View Reporting, this feature displays alerts that give real-time information about approaching, past threshold, and outstanding tasks. Users define criteria for notifications.
E1 Pages Composer: Empowers users to use drag-and-drop technology to design and create pages with a clickable process flow. Layouts can be designed based on specific roles.
User Defined Objects: Includes grid formatting, queries, Café One, One View Pages, Watchlists, and EnterpriseOne Pages. The new release makes managing, securing, and sharing these objects easier. Industry-specific, persona-based content can be created in Active Content Pages, helping users to visualize their data.
Notifications: EnterpriseOne now provides immediate business value by delivering 35 preconfigured notifications. Use these to expedite approvals and improve process efficiency.
- Simplify, streamline, and optimize your business processes by enabling you to stay in touch with your business and ERP system whether you are at your desk or on the go.
- Enable you to work with processes and data at the tempo of your business by detecting and alerting you to important events or conditions based on JD Edwards business data or external systems.
- Improve business efficiency by proactively alerting your users and by providing improved visibility, thus saving cost and time.
- Notification content is available across virtually all applications.
- Users can subscribe to these notifications out of the box. Or notification designers can personalize for unique use cases or specific business needs.
Forms Personalization: The JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Personal Forms Manager enables you to customize how a form is displayed. Forms can be personalized based on specific requirements, roles, or needs. Using the Personal Forms Manager user interface, you can customize forms by hiding, showing, moving, renaming, resizing, and repositioning the controls. Additionally, you can hide, unhide, or rename the Form, Row, and Report exits on a form (Release 220.127.116.11). The Personal Forms Manager design panel enables you to implement your specific user interface changes without any form design aid (FDA) based modifications.
Form Extensibility: Enhancements to JD Edwards has further improved Form Extension to include support for entry forms and power browse forms as well as the ability to invoke extended forms using orchestrations. These improvements enable citizen developers to capture additional information in the core business applications by adding business view columns on the glass to meet industry and regional data requirements. This extensibility enables customers to retire customizations created using traditional tools like Form Design Aid to meet their industry and business process requirements.
Advanced Job Forecasting: Delivers key capabilities for project-focused industries, such as engineering and construction. It prevents project cost overruns caused by a lack of detailed forecast visibility. It also provides accurate cash flow management throughout the project lifecycle. The forecast can include anticipated material quantities, material cost changes, specific skill sets, and pay levels required for remaining job phases. Furthermore, this product provides several forecast calculation methods and the ability to create user-defined calculations. Users can save and compare multiple what-if scenarios and store audit trails of forecasted versus actual factors.
Outbound Inventory Management: Optimizes inventory performance and significantly reduces the business complexity for suppliers in the consumer goods, manufacturing, and distribution industries that provide vendor managed or consignment inventory services for their customers. Outbound Inventory Management manages the complete VMI/Consignment lifecycle, from defining agreements through ordering, shipments, invoicing, and replenishments. This supports stronger customer collaboration, reduced customer stock-outs, and improved forecast accuracy. These capabilities result in increased customer loyalty which translates to improved supplier profitability.
Work Center Load Review Calendar: Provides daily, weekly, and monthly calendar views of scheduled work center resources with a real-time view into remaining available capacity. The application displays over and under-capacity conditions in an intuitive graphical format. It also provides drill-down options to enable scheduling adjustments, work order updates, and support planning. This information allows production schedulers to quickly and easily make scheduling decisions and changes.
64-bit Enablement: With Tools Release 9.2.3 and Application Release 9.2, JD Edwards supports 64-bit processing for the Enterprise server and development client, joining the previously 64-bit enabled HTML, AIS, BSSV, and RTE servers. This enables customers to adopt future technology and future proof their JD Edwards environments by leverage 64-bit database drivers and Java.
Improved Performance: Performance testing identified about a 10% performance gain with heavy interactive and batch processing.
Manufacturing Production Execution: New tools have been provided that can be used to simplify and streamline the execution of the production process.
- A new work order scheduling application that presents all scheduled operations along with the available capacity at every work center required to complete a work order, graphically in a Gantt style bar chart.
- A new processing option that allows the parts list and routing to be attached automatically when a work order is created.
- Notifications of exception conditions and/or action required, such as unexpected shortage, operational yield lower than expected, and test/ inspection failures awaiting disposition.
Lease Management Enhancements: EnterpriseOne 9.2 has been enhanced to support upcoming global accounting standards for lessees of property.
- Improved operational efficiencies through programs that facilitate the import of real estate lease data, automatic creation of assets in the Asset Master from the Real Estate Management Unit Master, and dashboard capabilities of UX One landing pages for the Lease Administrator and Lessee Accounting Manager.
- Minimized errors through the ability to specify defaults for lease payable items affecting the Lease Liability and Right-of-Use asset calculations, system-generated Lease Liability and Right-of-Use asset amortization schedules, and system generated initial L ease Liability and Right-of-Use asset balance sheet accounting entries.
- Shortened month-end close process with automatic monthly adjusting balance sheet journal entries with an audit trail from the amortization schedules and with automatic adjustments to Right-of-Use Asset balances for specific types of subleases.
Joint Venture Management: Use this solution to manage your joint ventures in any industry and track common project costs and distribute the cost to various partners in the venture based on their predefined portion of.
The Continuous Delivery Model: Oracle has adopted a “Continuous Delivery” model which significantly improves both its software packaging and delivery processes. Oracle’s Continuous Delivery model obviates the need to deliver JDE1 enhancements via major releases. Th e Continuous Delivery model allows JD Edwards EnterpriseOne customers to incorporate enhancements when they meet specific business needs without the cost and disruption of a major upgrade.
The future of JD Edwards and Syntax
With JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.2, Oracle continues to invest in functionality that creates a competitive advantage for JD Edwards customers in focus industries like engineering and construction, manufacturing, distribution, and asset-intensive industries.
You can make the most of JD Edwards by working with a 3rd party that has the right industry experience. Syntax has been providing business solutions built around JD Edwards applications since 1997. They have supported and implemented the entire suite of applications, as well as delivered development projects, integrations, and upgrades.
Contact us today to understand the latest updates to JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.2 and how Syntax can enable your JD Edwards Managed Services and EnterpriseOne 9.2 migration.
Download the eBook. This article is based off the Syntax eBook, The State of JD Edwards EnterpriseOne. View the complete guide for even more information about the JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.2 release.